Monday, September 29, 2008

ROUTINES and HABITS

September 29, 2008

Mornings in our household are very low-key these days. Unless we have guests , or an early doctor's appointment , or are getting dressed for church services, we follow a more relaxed routine.
My husband, Loyd, is still gets up early, makes coffee, and weather permitting, goes to Grimes Park for his morning walk or run. He then brings the newspaper home and gets an early start working one of the crossword puzzles.
I don't "do mornings " well most days. On a typical day I get up about 9:00 AM, mosey to the kitchen for my fix of coffee, cereal, and crossword puzzles. Sometimes Loyd gets breakfast biscuits, or we have muffins or whole wheat bagels with more coffee. About mid-morning I eat a high protein snack, for energy.
My exercise routine is 30 minutes on a stationary bicycle five or six days a week. I tune the TV to a talk show and pedal as fast as possible, hoping to numb my senses enough to tolerate this boring routine. The mirror over the dresser does reflect the world outside though, and if I concentrate enough, then I can imagine that I am zipping all over the neighborhood!
Our "fix" of coffee, cereal, and crosswords jump start our days, and our exercise routines keep us going. Come to think of it, our more relaxed mornings aren't too bad either!

2 comments:

Just Marianne said...

I was impressed that you made a comment on my blog, so I'll comment on yours!

I'll take relaxed mornings any day!!

Jenni said...

Ditto to those relaxing mornings! I live for Saturdays where we aren't rushing to get anywhere.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash